Sunday 21 July 2013

One day I would leave you

One day I would leave you -
With or without permission,
Like the gradual onset of night
Or the sudden gush of wind
And you could nothing about it!

You would look at my dresses
And my other personal belongings
And know not what to do with them.
You won't be able to throw them,
And yet their sight will aggrieve you.

You would look at the old albums
And flip over my photos...
The younger me, the older one,
The happier me, the sadder one
My laughter, my looks.

Each year my birthday would pass
And so our marriage anniversary.
And so many other dates
Which are so special to us...
You will miss me then...even more.

Small things and events
Would remind you of me;
You would wish I were there
To share your feelings and emotions
Like we did for so many years.

And then you would realise
That you truly loved me
And so did I.
And how I had become a habit
And you did not plan for such a void...

So, lets celebrate all these years of togetherness -
When the sun is bright
And the grass is green
The birds chirping
And the kids are playing.

For when the darkness will befall
The birds will return to their nests,
And the kids will return home.
A deadly silence will prevail.
You could nothing about it!






No comments: