Tuesday 19 March 2013

I wish I were a Globetrotter

I wish I were a globetrotter...

Conquering the majestic Himalayan mountains
And deep diving into the coral islands of the Indian Ocean.
I hope to cross the dangerous Kalahari desert of Africa,
Or take the adventurous journey to the North Pole.

I would watch the spectacular sunrise on the Kanchenjungha
And the sunset from the Hawaiian and Carribian Islands.
How about lunch with Pygmies
And dinner with the Jarwas?

I would dance during the Brazilian carnival
And would observe a minute silence in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
I would be able to go to the Beverly hills
As also to the slums of Sao Paulo and Mumbai.

What if I could relive the history in Rome and Greece
And follow the fashion trends in Paris?
How about spending days on the beaches of the Mediterranean Islands?
And nights in the royal Palaces and havelis of Rajasthan...


I would have spent weeks in the The State Hermitage Museum of St. Petersberg
And gazed at the Monalisa in The Musée du Louvre for days
I would have rested in the green meadows and valleys of Kashmimir
And sat by the river Thames and hear the chime of the Big Ben


The monsoon rains of Kerala would have drenched me
The brooks of the Andes would have quenched my thirst.
I would have tried walking along the Silk Route
And swim across the English Channel.

Would it not be great if I could drive along the Great Ocean road in Melbourne
And sail across the Halong Bay in Vietnam?
I would walk on the Great Wall of China,
And would gape at the Taj Mahal for hours


How I wish I took the trans-Siberian train
Or the cruise to the Alaska.
If only I could travel to the rain forests of the Amazon basin
Or be on a camel safari across the Sahara.


I want to ski in the Swiss Alps
And scuba dive in Barcelona.
I would take pictures with the Kangaroo in Australia
And click the Royal Bengal tigers of Sunderban.


I want to be in the busiest places of New York and Tokyo
And also in the tranquillity among herds of sheep in New Zealand.
I want to sail along the river Nile.
I want to trek to Gomukh, the source of the Ganga

...The list, the wish is endless.
If only I were a globetrotter...




No comments: