Wednesday 4 August 2010

The name...

Before I write any blog, I think over the topic for some days or weeks...even months. There are topics which I thought for weeks and then discarded as I did not find enough substance in it. There are topics, which I started writing and then didn't publish as the end result was not what I had expected.

In November, 2009, I wrote a blog "For GOD's sake, we all are different". I have been thinking on this topic for quite some weeks. It was also during this time - October/November - that we had to choose a name for our lovely daughter, who was born weeks before on 19th September. Indian names generally are Sanskrit words and they have meaning behind them. For example, the meaning of my name is "rays of the sun". Amit means Sun and ava means rays. So, Amitava means "Rays of the Sun")

Call it coincidence or call it the work of sub-conscious mind, the name that I suggested (which was finally accepted and remains my daughter's name) is Adwitiya, which means "no comparison", which sort of sums my thoughts on how I feel everyone is different and hence comparisons are unwanted and uncalled for.
Let us all live the way we want to live and be happy with how we live.


No comments: