Thursday 20 March 2008

What a time to do an MBA!

The stock market around the world is crashing; the air is heavy with the words like liquidity crunch,sub-prime mortgage crises, the rising oil and gold prices, the falling interest rates by the federal government. And guess what? I can understand at least bits and pieces of it.
Today our second term got over. Theoretically its a clear boundary line where I can safely say I am half-way through. But practically, the course is more than 50% complete. the third and forth terms are more of choosing and studying your electives; even duration wise we are more than 50% complete.

I believe its human nature that when you understand things that you did not understood earlier, you feel a strange feeling of joy and satisfaction. You feel you have improved as a person, the days spent were worth it. I felt the same feelings many times in the past. These days this feeling enthrals me.
I am not saying you need to do an MBA to know these term, what I am saying is, I have realised that the MBA has injected something in me which makes the world clearer to me. I can relate to what's happening around. I know what the finance minsters said in the budget...they make sense to me now...a year ago, most did not (let me be honest)!

When I look back six months earlier when I first walked in, then I truly see an improved and matured person in me. Two more terms to go...I am sure the transformation will continue for the better.
It is the eagerness to learn new things everyday that makes me wake in the morning and never grin and grumble at the hectic schedule; it is the opportunity to explore the inexpressible inner peace of gaining knowledge that makes this life so special!
This MBA has enlightened me;had I not done this I would have not understood many things that keep on happening around me.But now that I am in the process of doing it, it feels like having those extra pair of binoculars which make things around look bigger, brighter and better - the distant things are not so distant anymore!









No comments: